The ultimate pan-fried salmon recipe
Show off at your next dinner party with with this delicate salmon smothered in a sweet and sticky glaze. Oily fish such as salmon is a good source of omega 3 fats, which may help to keep your heart healthy.
2 tsp crushed garlic
1tsp crushed ginger
Cracked black pepper
1tbsp dark soy sauce
4 salmon fillets with skin, each about 120g
1 tsp rapeseed oil
2 heaped tsp Splenda® Granular
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 heaped tsp. coarse grain mustard
1 tsp sesame seeds
2tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Fresh lemon slices
1. Mix together the garlic, ginger, black pepper and soy sauce. Coat all sides of the salmon fillets in this marinade.
2. Preheat the grill to medium. Prepare the glaze by mixing all the ingredients together, set aside.
3. Heat a non-stick pan till hot, add the oil and when heated, place the salmon fillets with marinade, flesh side down onto the hot oil, over a medium heat. Press down gently with your fingers so the fish cooks evenly.
4. After about 3 minutes, turn the salmon over and lower the heat. Coat each fillet with the glaze and cook for another 3 minutes.Brown the salmon in the pan under a hot grill, till the fish is delicately cooked, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and let the salmon sit for a minute to allow it to absorb the juices. Serve with fresh lemon slices.
Created by Azmina Govindji RD MBDA, Consultant Nutritionist & Registered Dietitian