Smoked trout with lemon and cucumber
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 radishes, finely sliced
2 cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and halved across the middle
1 lemon, cut in half
1 slice of sourdough bread
6 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for grilling
2 tbsp roughly chopped dill
2 smoked trout fillets, skin removed
Borage flowers, to garnish (optional)
4 tsp plain natural yoghurt, to serve
1. Mix sugar in vinegar in a bowl; whisk in sliced radish to ‘quick pickle’
2. Heat a griddle pan. Scatter in salt. Brush cucumber, lemon and bread with oil. Griddle for 8 mins; turn once
3. When grilled, squeeze lemon juice into a bowl with olive oil. Add dill and pinch of salt, and whisk well.
4. Cut bread into croutons. Drain radishes and place on kitchen paper.
5. Divide cucumber; top with trout and radish. Drizzle on dill and lemon oil.
6. Scatter on croutons and flowers. Finish with 4 tsp of yoghurt.
Smoked trout with lemon and cucumber from A Lot On Her Plate by Rosie Birkett (Hardie Grant, £25). Photographs Helen Cathcart
Show us your Instagrams of this gorgeous plate at @healthymagdaily