Free-From recipes: Cod skewers with sweet chilli and ginger
Weather put paid to your BBQ plans? No problem. These fish skewers are simple to cook on a hob in 20 minutes.
With a bed of crunchy salad and a zingy Asian-inspired dressing, they make a tasty, and super-lean dinner for four. Bonus – they don’t contain any dairy or gluten.
For the Cod
600g fresh cod
4 spring onions
1 tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
4g black sesame seeds
For the Dressing
100g mange tout
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1 lime to juice
4g soya sauce
2tbs fish sauce
1. Blanche the mange tout in salted water for 2 minutes and cool it down in cold water. Peel the carrots and with the peeler, and finely slice it lengthways.
2. Peel the ginger and finely mince it with a grater. Next, chop the coriander and mix all the ingredients for your dressing by adding olive oil, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, coriander, ginger, soya sauce, salt and pepper.
3. Wash your spring onions and slice them diagonally. Then cut your cod in 3x3cm cubes and skewer them.
4. Put the sliced spring onions between each piece of fish and in a frying pan, heat 1 tbs of olive oil to cook the skewers and keep on turning them for 8 minutes. Finish with salt and pepper.
5. Assemble your salad and add the dressing you made earlier, leaving some on the side in a small bowl to dip the skewers in to.
6. Place the salad in the centre of the plate and put your skewers on top. Then sprinkle the dish with sesame seeds, and serve alone, or with a gluten-free flat bread.Will you be making these cod skewers? Tag us @healthymagdaily in your Instagram snaps if so! Recipes from new artisan free-from company Coori, for more free-from recipes visit www.coori.co.uk