Free-From Friday: Non dairy ice cream
This recipe gave me renewed respect for the humble banana, the only ingredient you need to make a creamy, refined sugar-free, non dairy ice cream.
Bananas have fallen out of favour recently due to their being rich in naturally-occurring sugars. But they’re also packed with these essential nutrients.
1. Prebiotics: These help the growth of your healthy gut bacteria. For those suffering from stomach ulcers, they’re effective at protecting against stomach acid and relieving the worst symptoms.
2. Potassium: This is great for helping to prevent muscle cramping, so a pre-exercise banana is a great choice for active bods.
3. Vitamin B6: Reducing swelling, protecting against type II diabetes and helping with the production of white blood cells – this multi-tasking vit does them all.Read more: Everything you need to know about B vitamins
10 ripe organic bananas
Chopped brazil & pecan nuts,
Sesame seeds & goji berries
1. Peel the bananas, add to a container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
2. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for about 10 – 15 minutes, until it’s soft enough to chop into 1-inch pieces.
3. Add to a high speed blender like the Vitamix for 10 – 20 seconds. Other blenders may take between 1-2 minutes.
Will you be giving this non dairy ice cream a go this weekend? Post your efforts on Instagram and remember to tag us (@healthymagdaily)
Whether you’re struggling with a nagging condition like eczema or IBS or in need of some inspiration to live a blissful dairy, gluten, wheat and sugar-free life, Michelle can help. If you’d like to have a chat, check out her website for all the details